Resolution passed unanimously at Walsall Branch Meeting Monday 22nd March 2021
We are concerned about the impact of a sudden change to module level evaluations. We recognise the exceptional academic year we find ourselves in, and raise the following queries:
- We are concerned about the lack of context to the data and its overall quality.
- We are concerned that the data does not recognise the exceptional difficulties that this year has brought, and the difficulties students and staff have faced.
- We are concerned about the ‘name and shame’ policy, and the FE approach within a HE institution.
- We are concerned about workload allocation and the addition of further work into already full workloads.
- We note problems with the timing. Year-long modules are not recognised, and March resit periods are not reflected within the data.